The Presidio Neighborhood is a vibrant few blocks in the heart of Santa Barbara, centered around the historical site of the last of the Spanish fortresses, or presidios, to be built in California. Encompassing what was also once the city’s Chinatown and Japantown, the neighborhood is now home to a variety of locally owned, intriguing shops, wine tasting rooms, world class restaurants, casual eateries, bars, coffee houses, and cultural treasures. Walking the neighborhood rewards the visitor with discoveries of hidden walkways, courtyards, and amazing architectural details set against the backdrop of the American Riviera and the Santa Ynez mountains.
There are many cool neighborhoods in Santa Barbara, but who else has:
• Historical and cultural venues: The Lobero Theater, El Presidio State Park, and The Santa Barbara Historical Museum
• A variety of restaurants, from fine dining, to take out, to casual eateries, and one of the best cheese shops around.
• Bars, coffeehouses, and delis.
• Locally owned, authentic shops, boutiques, yoga studios, and a day spa.
• Architectural treasures and hidden walkways.
• Tasting rooms from eight top Santa Barbara wineries.
• Plenty of parking!